Many have already stopped following Sony’s cellular enterprise information. Nonetheless, Sony itself believes in a renaissance and is heading in direction of price optimization and making an attempt to construct a brand new crew.
Throughout its final report on the outcomes of the second quarter of this yr, the corporate introduced the supply of 800 thousand Xperia smartphones. That is 100 thousand lower than a yr earlier, however twice as a lot as within the first quarter of 2020. Given the market disaster and falling demand amid the coronavirus pandemic, Sony’s consequence will be thought of a hit.
Xperia smartphones will carry Sony a revenue for the primary time in 4 years
Inspired by what is going on, the corporate stated that the corporate’s cellular enterprise will carry revenue for the primary time in 4 years based mostly on the outcomes of operations from April 2020 to March 2021. Of the fascinating issues, it’s price noting that the corporate associates its short-term future with funds and mid-range smartphones.
In accordance with it, now the market is drifting in direction of inexpensive gadgets, whereas the demand for flagships is falling. True, Sony considers this to be a brief phenomenon and believes that its top-end gadgets will nonetheless change into extra widespread sooner or later.
Sony notes that the smartphone trade is step by step shifting in direction of the mid-range and funds segments. Sony believes this transition is short-term and that its flagship fashions will finally change into widespread once more. However for now, the corporate plans to deal with extra inexpensive smartphones in 2020 and 2021.
It’s price to say that earlier in February, the corporate has formally introduced its flagship Xperia 1 II smartphone, and here’s a reminder of its specs:
Sony Xperia 1 II specs
- 6.5-inch (1644 x 3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Show with 21:9 side ratio, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, X1 for cellular, Movement Blur Discount, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 safety
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Cellular Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB inside reminiscence, expandable reminiscence as much as 1TB through microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Twin SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra-wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom, 960 fps Tremendous sluggish movement, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel dimension, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Final, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Facet-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 × 72 × 7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (sub-6GHz (non-obligatory)) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Kind-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD quick charging, Qi Wireless charging