We not too long ago instructed you in regards to the new Microsoft Floor Duo smartphone. It’s technically the corporate’s first Android smartphone, regardless of its former partnership with Nokia. And, apparently, that is what makes the corporate work on an already uncommon product particularly actively. Microsoft has deliberate to observe the lead of Samsung and OnePlus to launch updates for its product over the following three years.
Floor Duo: Microsoft guarantees 3 years of updates
Three main updates have been promised for this gadget to eliminate the unstated rule of gadget assist just for the primary two years. This pattern delights the followers, as a result of many firms can not present even a 12 months of updates, particularly the transition from one model of Android to a more moderen one.
The corporate has revealed its promise to many information shops, together with Android Authority. The web site thought-about that that is the right place – in any case, the smartphone is estimated at $ 1,400, and potential patrons need to squeeze probably the most out of such investments.
It is advisable perceive that in the intervening time these are simply phrases, and nobody guarantees that updates will probably be launched on time, and likewise carry some new capabilities, however nonetheless, getting guarantees from an organization that has virtually constructed a reputation for itself on fixed (albeit not probably the most profitable) updates is price one thing.
Nonetheless, there are nonetheless many questions, particularly relating to the precise use of the Floor Duo – not one of the tech bloggers have held it of their arms but. Nonetheless, it stays to attend a little bit – the smartphone ought to hit retailer cabinets on September 10.
Microsoft Floor Duo specs
- 5.6-inch (1800×1350 pixels) AMOLED 4:3 single PixelSense Show, 401 PPI, 8.1-inch (2700×1800 pixels) AMOLED 3:2 Show when open, Corning Gorilla Glass safety
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Cell Platform optimized for the dual-screen expertise
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) inside storage
- Android 10
- One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Aspect-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- 11MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LED Flash, optimized for entrance and rear, 4K video recording at 60 fps
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / GLONASS, DisplayPort over USB-C
- 3577mAh (typical) dual battery with 18W quick charging
The Microsoft Floor Duo is available in Glacier colour, at a price of $1,399.99 for the 128GB storage model. Whereas the 256GB storage model prices $1,499.99. It’s now out there for order by way of MicrosoftStore, AT&T and BestBuy and can go on sale ranging from September 10th.