Final week’s Samsung presentation gave us plenty of new gadgets, however however, some vital unannounced improvements of the brand new flagship smartphones remained behind the scenes. So, the Galaxy Note 20 Extremely and Z Fold 2 fashions have been the primary gadgets to obtain an adaptive display refresh rate, stated XDA editor-in-chief Mishaal Rahman on his Twitter account, referring to the YouTube channel TheTechChap (timecode 1:46).
Galaxy Note 20 Extremely and Z Fold 2 are the primary telephones with the adaptive excessive refresh rate
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Extremely and Z Fold 2 are the primary smartphones with excessive refresh rate OLED shows that assist adaptively altering the refresh rate.
Samsung hasn’t actually talked about this a lot however they do inform you in the event you ask, as they advised @TheTechChap.
— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) August 9, 2020
The dynamic method will save battery energy by mechanically altering the refresh rate relying on the content material displayed on the display: for textual content display, it would drop to 1-11 Hz, films – from 24 to 60 Hz, and for video games from 30 to 120 Hz. We’ll discover out very quickly how this may have an effect on the true autonomy of the flagship Galaxy Note 20 Extremely.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Extremely specs
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Show, HDR10+,496PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, as much as 1500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus safety
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Cell Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- LTE- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB/512GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable reminiscence as much as 1TB with microSD
- 5G – 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable reminiscence as much as 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Twin SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Laser AF Sensor, 12MP Periscope lens with f/3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Tremendous Decision Zoom as much as 50X, 12MP 120° Extremely Large sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dirt resistant (IP68)
- Stereo audio system tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1mm; Weight: 208
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Strain ranges: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Twin 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Sort-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 45W quick charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 comes at a price tag of $999 with 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM. Shade choices embody Mystic Bronze, Grey, and Inexperienced. Whereas the Note 20 Extremely begins at $1,299 comes with 12GB RAM & 256GB. Shade choices for the Extremely mannequin embody Mystic Bronze, White, and Black. The phone is available for purchase on Samsung’s web site, service companions, and retailers.