DxOMark laboratory has examined the flexibility to document and play audio within the Huawei P40 Pro flagship smartphone. And evidently the dearth of stereo audio system spoils every thing, however as a voice recorder, the smartphone is nice.
DxOMark: Huawei P40 Pro audio efficiency is not so good as anticipated
Note that Huawei P40 Pro, which debuted in March, nonetheless ranks first within the DxOMark rating when it comes to camera high quality with each the principle and entrance cameras. Huawei did not repeat this success when it comes to sound high quality.
DxOMark consultants rated the general sound high quality of the Huawei P40 Pro at 59 factors. It’s outperformed by virtually two dozen fashions, together with the brand new iPhone SE.
For sound copy, the smartphone obtained solely 54 factors. Such a low rating was obtained as a result of lack of stereo audio system, which limits the probabilities within the exams.
On the similar time, the audio recording is rated at 74 factors, which places the smartphone on the high of the rating for this parameter, together with the Honor V30 Pro.
- Good timbre efficiency for a mono speaker system
- Properly-controlled artifacts
- Spatial efficiency
- Restricted efficiency in dynamics
- Single speaker is straightforward to occlude
- General good efficiency in all use instances
- Good timbre efficiency
- Glorious dynamics
- Imprecise background rendering
- Slender wideness in selfie movies
Huawei P40 Pro specs
- 6.58-inch (2640 x 1200 pixels) Flex OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 HDR
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based mostly 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based mostly 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Twin Massive Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage, expandable reminiscence as much as 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Twin SIM (nano SIM + eSIM)
- P40 Pro – 50MP RYYB Extremely Imaginative and prescient camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 12MP RYYB periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Extremely Sluggish-Movement video seize
- 32MP entrance camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Depth / Gesture Digital camera for professional bokeh, Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, mud resistant (IP68)
- P40 Pro Dimensions: 158.2×72.6×8.95mm; Weight: 209g
- USB Sort-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Twin 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Sort-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh (typical) battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W Wi-fi HUAWEI SuperCharge